1: Small Islands - Big Horizons: UK History
Competence aims in focus:
The aims of the studies are to enable students to:
- elaborate on and discuss how key historical events and processes have affected the development of British society
- elaborate on and discuss linguistically demanding texts
- use suitable language appropriate to the situation in a variety of oral and written genres
- produce texts in a variety of genres with clear content, appropriate style, good structure, and usage that is precise and accurate
- interpret a selection from British literature from the 1900s up to the present
An Englishman Plays Risk
Irish comedians Foil, Arms and Hogg take a peak at the history of invasions.
Andrew Marr: The Making of Modern Britain (BBC)
In the first of a six-part series, Andrew Marr revisits Britain at the dawn of the 20th century. If you enjoy it, other episodes are available on Youtube.