3: Power and Pomp - Politics in the United Kingdom
Competence aims in focus:
The aims of the studies are to enable students to:
- elaborate on and discuss political issues and systems in the English-speaking world, with a special focus on the United Kingdom
- use a nuanced, well-developed vocabulary to communicate on political issues
- summarise, comment on and discuss differing viewpoints on political issues
- elaborate on and discuss linguistically demanding texts with a political perspective
- use information based on figures and statistics as a basis for communicating on political issues
Pomp and Tradition
The opening of Parliament, covered by the American TV network CBS.
UK Parliament: Teach Parliament (videos)
A broad range of videos and animations about the UK Parliament.