4: We the People - Politics in the United States
Competence aims in focus:
The aims of the studies are to enable students to:
- elaborate on and discuss political issues and systems in the English-speaking world, with a special focus on the United States
- use a nuanced, well-developed vocabulary to communicate on political issues
- summarize, comment on and discuss differing viewpoints on political issues
- elaborate on and discuss linguistically demanding texts with a political perspective
- use information based on figures and statistics as a basis for communicating on political issues
- present a major in-depth project with a topic from Social Studies English and assess the process
The Greatest speeches
Through the speeches of Franklin Delano Roosevelt to Martin Luther King, Jr. to Barack Obama, a look at the major moments that have defined the modern history of the United States.
US Elections - How do they work?
A guide to the US political system aimed at British A Level students, explaining how elections work in the USA.
org)Test your knowledge of the U.S. Constitution: Play iCivics’ Power Play, Branches of Power and Do I Have a Right? games, and take the citizenship quiz to find out if you could pass a U.S. citizenship test.