5: The Changing Face of Britain - UK Society Today
Competence aims in focus:
The aims of the studies are to enable students to:
- elaborate on and discuss how key historical events and processes have affected the development of British society
- elaborate on and discuss questions related to social and economic conditions in the United Kingdom
- analyse a regional conflict in which the United Kingdom is involved
- elaborate on and discuss current debates in the United Kingdom
- elaborate on and discuss linguistically demanding texts with a social perspective
- summarise, comment on and discuss differing viewpoints on social issues
Average American vs Average British Person - How Do They Compare?
Fast-paced video from The Infographics Show.
Going undercover as a migrant in Brexit Britain
VICE sends journalist Ben Judah, author of This Is London – an epic piece of reportage about the life of the capital’s immigrants – to walk in the footsteps of EU migrants and go undercover to unearth the conditions newcomers are up against in Brexit Britain.